So I've written a lot of code#
I began programming in 1988. I became a professional programmer in the year 2000. I have written a lot software and I still enjoy writing software.
I currently write most of my software in:
- Python is my 'go-to' all-around language. Everyone should have a favororite language, and it should be Python. There's a reason it is ranked so high in the Stack Overflow 2020 Top Languages
- I also write plenty of shell scripts. There's no better scripting solution in 2023 than PowerShell. I still write plenty of Bash, too.
- GoLang is my 'go-to' for utilities that follow the Unix philosophy of doing one thing well.
- C is still often the most practical option on interesting hardward
- Scratch - I teach kids to code!
- SQL - Everybody needs to work with data. Data is great.
- Commodore Basic 2.0 - I find it relaxing. Don't judge me.
Over the years, I've also attained fluency in:
- Bash, ZShell and KShell
- CSharp with .Net
- Power BI
- SQL of all sorts
And I have also written software in:
- Android Java
- Batch Script
- Ruby on Rails
- IBM Tivoli Directory Integrator
- Micro:Bit Block Code
- Objective C
- Pebble native C
- R Studio
- React Native
- VBScript / Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Visual Basic (3, 4, 5, 6, and .Net)